Tuesday, February 21, 2012
303 Bar & Grill ex-chef Adam Bazaldua now at Stephan Pyles
The new chef at 303 is Chad Starling, formerly of Saint Ann.
Ex-chef Adam Bazaldua, who announced his departure from 303 on his Facebook page, started at Stephan Pyles on Monday.
303 has had an odd existence in its brief lifespan, with ambiguity about the ownership and some confusion over the Facebook page. Frank Carabetta, a colorful figure who owned a number of clubs in Uptown Dallas, has been involved with the restaurant since construction began; but when contacted, he insists that the owner is a woman named Celia.
On Bazaldua's Facebook page, he said that he was no longer Chef at 303 Bar and Grill "due to a constant concept battle between the owner and myself."
Now that he's at Stephan Pyles, working with Kyle Barham, he's less inclined to dwell on the details of his departure from 303.
"I'm proud of what I do -- I like good-quality products, especially if my name is involved," he said. "It wasn't going to work for me to make a sacrifice. And 303 was evolving into more of a sports bar/bar & grill."
In addition to chef shuffles, 303 has experienced troubles with parking and recently installed a valet stand which they say is not obligatory; but with only 15 parking spaces on the premises, there aren't a lot of options.
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Sample 150 craft beers from local homebrewers at Oak Cliff's Brew Riot