Thursday, February 23, 2012
Dallas is cheerleader central this weekend
Bring It On: The Musical comes to a close, and cheerleader all-stars descend on the convention center.
Can you think of a better (or gayer) way to spend a weekend than a two different cheerleading events?
We were always too scared to show school spirit growing up because on the rare occasions we did, we were the only guy in the whole place participating. We had spirit, yes we did, we had spirit more than Syd. Or John. Or Blake.
We had no mascot costume to hide within. (Who’d want to be the El Paso Fighting Cucaracha anyway?) And no male cheerleaders anywhere in the district. So we had to squelch our natural ability to shout-spell words, kick our legs in the air, and, unlike the girls, the skill to do the splits without creating dangerous suction on the gymnasium floor.
Even to this day, we get a little E! X! C! I! T! E! D! when two opportunities to connect to our inner cheerleader present themselves in one day.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas
650 S. Griffin St.
Plus, Dallas is the official site for the National Cheerleaders Association All-Star National Championship (at the Dallas Convention Center on Saturday and Sunday). It’s smiles and ponytails as far as the eye can see. And some really kick-ass routines that will leave you speechless. (And don’t get us started on the hot, tight male cheerleaders and their muscular legs, short shorts …)
But don’t be timid when it comes to getting tickets. If we learned anything watching high-school cheerleaders, it’s to be aggressive. B-E Aggressive!
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas