Friday, January 13, 2012
Sissy’s Southern Kitchen & Bar opening on Henderson in February
From former Next Food Network Star contestant Lisa Garza.
DALLAS Former Next Food Network Star contestant Lisa Garza has announced her new restaurant on Henderson Avenue, Sissy's Southern Kitchen & Bar, going into the old Hector's on Henderson space in mid-February.
According to the release, the food will be inspired by her Southern roots including her birth in Memphis and her upbringing "by an old-school Southern daddy."
Chef is Jeffery Hobbs, formerly of Suze, which Garza previously owned with her ex-husband Gilbert; Sissy's signature dish will be fried chicken, which is first brined, then soaked in buttermilk.
Other Southern dishes will include corn fritters, fried okra, fried oysters, shrimp and white cheddar-green onion grits, gumbo, chicken & waffles with blackstrap molasses, and beef short ribs.
Drinks will include a Sazerac, Ramos gin fizz, Mint Julep, and a "Presbyterian bourbon press": bourbon with club soda, ginger ale, and lemon.
Sissy’s will be open for dinner Monday-Wednesday from 5 p.m. to midnight, and Thursday-Saturday until 2 a.m. For reservations, call 214-827-9900.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park