Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Texas Woman’s University launches mobile site
It's the first step in a three-phase process to upgrade TWU's website for students.
DENTON On Tuesday, Texas Woman's University announced the debut of TWU Mobile, the university's mobile website that includes information about admissions, financial aid, scholarships, a campus map, events calendar, and more.
According to a press release, the site was created in four months and includes features that students asked for in a survey.
The new site is a three-phase upgrade to the TWU website. The next step is to launch mobile apps, which the university says will be available through the iTunes App Store and the Android Market in spring 2012. The third phase includes making TWU's main website more mobile-friendly.
“Students have been interested in finding a mobile website like this,” Branee Robinson, a nursing junior from Dallas, said in a statement. “They’ve been frustrated at having to log in on multiple pages when checking their email. This definitely is more convenient.”
The site is located at www.m.twu.edu or www.twu.edu.
Posted by Sarah
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton