Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Video: Glenn Beck tours new Las Colinas studio
RoboCop was filmed there!
In the Las Colinas studio used to film RoboCop and Walker: Texas Ranger, conservative TV commentator Glenn Beck is building his new GBTV headquarters, called American Dream Labs.
A walkthrough of the building posted to GBTV shows an excited Beck, having what we'll call a "Willy Wonka moment," where he says, "this is the center of where our dreams begin" and invites spectators to become a part it.
"It's not a cable news network that we're building here at GBTV," Beck says during the virtual tour. "It is something entirely different ..."
Beck moved to Texas after leaving Fox News in 2011. Over the summer, we mentioned in PegNews that Beck was moving to the area, and he was originally believed to be building his studio in a former mega-church in Southlake. The Las Colinas location was picked instead.
GBTV: Tour of American Dream Labs
- Flying nerds to battle at national flugtag competition in Las Colinas
- Restaurant review: FM Smokehouse's lean meat fails to impress
- Twin Peaks is building a brewery at its Irving location
- TABC says Dallas club promoted "excessive consumption" the night Josh Brent drank there
- Photos: See the creative characters of Comic Con 2013