Wednesday, January 18, 2012 , Updated 8:00 a.m., January 19, 2012
UPDATED: Man shot on DART platform early Wednesday is identified
Dominique Wilson, 20, is believed to have been arguing with other passengers when he was shot. He was pronounced dead later.
DALLAS Just after midnight on Wednesday, a 20-year-old man named Dominique Wilson was shot on the Pearl Station DART platform in Dallas. Wilson was pronounced dead at Baylor University Medical Center at 4:24 a.m. Wednesday.
DART spokespeople report that the man was arguing with people on the train while it was stopped at Pearl station, pointed northbound on the Blue Line. Shots were fired from the train as Wilson was getting off the train.
About 20 people were on the train when the shooting occurred, but no one else was injured, DART reports. Some people on the train were taken home by DART bus.
DART Police are interviewing three suspects in the shooting.
Pearl Station was reopened as of about 4 a.m.
UPDATE: Police say Wilson was shot twice in the abdomen by Joshua Mathis, 20. The DMN reports that Mathis has been arrested and charged with murder.
- Erykah Badu will handpick social media gurus to attend July 26 concert for free
- Former Dogfish Head brewer will take reigns as Deep Ellum's brewmaster
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed
- UPDATED: Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. adds lunch menu