Thursday, January 19, 2012
Cirque du Soleil returns to Frisco’s Dr Pepper Arena, this time for Quidam
Unlike other Cirque shows, this performance features real-life characters.
Frisco has played host to two Cirque shows recently: Ovo in January 2011 and Dralion in July 2011. Quidam features Zoe, a young girl whose parents ignore her. She seeks an imaginary world called Quidam, and the adventure begins.
This is the only Cirque show that personifies real-life people. All other shows feature larger-than-life characters.
The show includes an aerial silk contortionist, an artist who somersaults and dances on a "German wheel," jump ropers, jugglers, and more. Artists have as few as two or as many as seven costumes for Quidam.
Quidam is also being performed in Austin and San Antonio.
- UPDATED: Police located missing 20-year-old Frisco woman
- Restaurant review: Kenny's Smoke House takes a refined approach to barbecue
- DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy
- UPDATED: Collin College in Frisco reopens after three bomb threats
- Photos: Get more bang for your buck in this "cozy" Frisco abode