Monday, January 23, 2012
Taco Republic to hit the road with food truck
Coming sometime in 2012.
During a family lunch at Richardson’s newest specialty taquería, Taco Republic (full disclosure: I did not receive any food gratis), I had the opportunity to speak with owner Ron Guest. While we chatted about the business and the grub, Guest announced that he and his partners are planning a food truck. Specifically, the Taco Republic mobile operation will hit the road after the bricks-and-mortar concern breaks even but well before the restaurant’s first anniversary.
As for the meal, I fulfilled the promise I made in my initial review, and enjoyed it. The Game Day buffalo chicken taco wasn’t buried under a briar patch of mediocre ingredients. Instead, chunks of chicken tossed in a tangy sauce peeked from beneath shaved celery and carrots. Mixed with the chicken was a sensible amount of blue cheese crema that wasn’t a runny cascade of putridity.
Pegasus News Content partner - Taco Trail
- Restaurant review: Homemade tortillas are the star at Taqueria La Candelaria
- Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks parenting in Dallas
- UPDATED: Original Pancake House offers free breakfast for blood donors on April 18
- 60 beers at the Spring Craft Beer Festival: Which ones should you sample?
- UPDATED: Small male dog found in Richardson area