Thursday, July 5, 2012
Dallas chef Stephan Pyles launches restaurant-themed blog
He'll document progress on new restaurant Stampede 66.
DALLAS Dallas chef Stephan Pyles has added a new skill to his resume, along with restaurateur, cook, shrimp fisherman, and charity-fund-raiser: blogging.
Pyles, whose restaurant empire includes the eponymous Stephan Pyles as well as its sibling Samar By Stephan Pyles, has launched a blog called Chef Stephan Pyles Blog, which he'll use to share "insider information, photos, news, updates and the general comings and goings of Chef Pyles."
"Think modern Texas with a casual, creative and high-energy ambience," he says. Located on the ground floor of the 17Seventeen McKinney office tower, Stampede 66's menu will feature "familiar Texas dishes reinterpreted with a contemporary twist."
Pyles -- who was in San Francisco for July 4th, en route to Napa to celebrate Paula Lambert's birthday party at winemaker Bob Long's -- said he would blog about Stampede 66 on a regular basis.
"I plan to do a weekly post through construction and into opening," he said. Stampede 66 is slated to open in October.
Pyles is also partnered with Gina Puente to open Sky Canyon Wine Bar featuring Stephan Pyles at DFW Airport. He just celebrated the opening of Sustenio, the new restaurant in San Antonio with chef David Gilbert at the Eílan Resort Hotel.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day