Monday, July 9, 2012
Deep Ellum Brewing Co beer will be served in Boston bars
One bar is called Deep Ellum.
Dallas' Deep Ellum Brewing has added a distant new market for its beer: Boston, Massachusetts.
They've signed on to provide beer to two bars in Boston, and one of them is not just any old bar -- it's a bar called Deep Ellum.
The restaurant-bar is located in the Allston/Brighton area near Boston University, and is lauded for its good beer selection and small but diverse menu. It is in fact named after Dallas' Deep Ellum as an homage to the neighborhood's cool vibe; one of its three owners is Aaron Sanders, a native of Dallas. In January, he and his partners opened a baby sibling opened next door to Deep Ellum, Lone Star Taco Bar, the first so-called taco bar in Boston.
The other New England bar that will be stocking Deep Ellum Brewing Co.'s beer is Ale House - Amesbury, a vegetarian/vegan restaurant-bar housed in a renovated mill in Amesbury, Mass., 40 miles northeast of Boston, with a well-respected beer program.
Deep Ellum Brewing already has its beer on tap at bars in Fort Worth, Denton, Austin, Waco, and Houston.
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy