Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Five Dallas restaurants that should serve tacos on a regular basis
Lockhart, Mesa, and ... Cane Rosso?
I sustain myself on more than tacos. However, when dining at a non-taquería, I occasionally desire to see a taco option. Below are five establishments I wish would serve tacos.
Lockhart Smokehouse - I know. I know. The kickass BBQ joint serves brisket tacos every Monday. Pitmaster Will Fleischman and his kitchen cohorts also offer one-off tacos — most recently, the herbaceous smoked cabrito with licks of heat. But I’d love to see them add a weekly breakfast taco special.
Mesa - According to the reports, this amazing restaurant is struggling financially. Raul and Olga Reyes’ Oak Cliff eatery serves exquisite Veracruzan dishes and deserves more business. Tacos would help. It’s not a far leap to octopus tacos.
Private Social - It is no secret executive chef/owner Tiffany Derry fancies tacos. She wouldn’t mind opening her own joint one day. What better platform to test the waters than at her popular Uptown restaurant? Derry could add them to the Social (or lounge) menu.
Sissy’s Southern Kitchen & Bar - Amazing. Fried. Chicken. Best ordered by the bucket, it could easily be transformed into the best fried chicken tacos in town especially with house-made corn tortillas.
Pegasus News Content partner - Taco Trail
See more stories in:
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv