Tuesday, July 10, 2012 , Updated 12:33 p.m., July 10, 2012
UPDATED: W Dallas will close Craft and replace it with gastropub called Cook Hall
Ghostbar will also close this month and be re-opened as another concept.
An employee at the hotel confirmed that the closure would take place "by the end of the month -- that's the word we're getting right now," he said.
Cook Hall will be the first branch of a concept that'll unroll in several W Hotels, and the direction will come from Culinary Concepts, the restaurant development company Starwood formed in partnership with chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
The concept will be "beverage-centric," with upscale small plates and checks topping out at $45 to $50, rather than the $75 to $100 price tag. They'll be adding a bar in the restaurant and -- gulp -- TVs.
UPDATE: W Dallas – Victory made its official announcement with dates: Craft Dallas will close at the end of summer, and Cook Hall will reopen in early fall.
They also announced that Ghostbar, the hotel’s 33rd floor destination nightclub, will close later this month. Plans for the space are being finalized with management and ownership and will be announced soon.
This will be the first Cook Hall, confirmed W spokeswoman Karla Neely, but she said that more were on the way in other cities -- "possibly Atlanta," she said.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger