Friday, July 13, 2012 , Updated 4:43 p.m., September 20, 2012
UPDATED: Two-day fest for indie listeners is October 5 and 6 at Trees
The full lineup is below.
DALLAS Local booking company Spune wants to showcase new indie tunes, and they're doing just that with the abridged name for their new fest, INDEX. ("Indie next" is shortened to "ind ex." Get it?)
The two-day festival is Friday and Saturday, October 5 and 6, at Trees in Deep Ellum. Billed as a "day-party style festival," it features bands that Spune's staff members dig, like Portugal. The Man, Cold War Kids, Grimes, Dallas-based Air Review, and Spune staple Telegraph Canyon. The lineup looks great for indie next listeners. Ind ex listeners, we mean. You get it.
Tickets are as low as $28 for a two-day pass for KXT members (available July 13-18); $32 for a two-day pass for non-KXT members who buy July 19-24, and $38 for a two-day pass that goes on sale July 25. One-day tickets also go on sale July 25. Anyone who already purchased tickets to the October 5 Grimes show will get a special upgrade offer.
Of course, there will be food trucks and beer, plus one indoor stage and two outdoor.
UPDATE: Here's the full lineup:
Day One -- October 5
- Portugal. The Man
- Heartless Bastards
- Air Review
- Elite Gymnastics
- The Cush
- Quiet Company
- Blackstone Rangers
Day Two -- October 6
See more stories in:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: