Tuesday, July 17, 2012
35 Denton’s Hot Wet Mess quietly grows into mini fest
Good mixture of local and national acts.
If there’s one thing Texas is known for, it’s the heat. Long summers of 100+ degree heat often leave Texans in constant search of relief. Cranked A/C, cold beers, and of course, a little time spent near outdoor H2O. Which is why 35 Denton’s latest effort, Hot Wet Mess, makes so much sense. To celebrate the end of the summer, the masterminds behind the quickly-growing 35 Denton are treating us with another excellent event.
Having recently added the likes of Unknown Mortal Orchestra, No Age, and Fergus & Geronimo to a lineup that already included Black Lips, Reggie Watts, Big Freedia, and RTB2, Hot Wet Mess is quietly turning into quite the mini-festival. Plus, organizers have promised a "huge effin’ waterslide" and a half pipe skate demo. Not a bad way to celebrate the end of summer if you ask me!
Tickets are only $15. Hot Wet Mess takes place September 1 at the North Texas State Fairgrounds. Hope to see you there!
Pegasus News Content partner - But I Just Like Music
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton