Friday, July 20, 2012
Video: Zimmerman says Travyon Martin’s death was part of God’s plan
Tell us what you think.
George Zimmerman stunned many earlier this week when during his first televised interview he indicted that he had no real regrets regarding anything that happened the night he shot and killed 17-year-old Travyon Martin. Later in the interview, he did say that he was sorry that his actions have polarized the country.
The next day, ABC News reported the prosecution is planning to use the Fox News interview against him in court.
“In a wide ranging interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity Zimmerman, appearing articulate and calm, said he neither regretted carrying a gun that night nor pursuing the 17-year-old Martin.
“I feel that it was all God’s plan,” he told Hannity. When asked if there was “anything you might do differently,” Zimmerman responded, “No Sir.”
This morning the prosecution entered the tape of the interview into discovery as and could attempt to admit it as evidence in Zimmerman’s trial on charges of second degree murder.
Zimmerman, 28, has maintained that he shot Martin in self-defense after Martin attacked him in Sanford, Fla., on the night of February 26.
Daryl Park, attorney representing the family of Travyon Martin, on MSNBC that Zimmerman never takes responsiblity for his actions and that Travyon Martin did not have a right to be where he was that night. Park indicated the family is appalled. Both parents during an interview with CBS dismissed the idea that it was “God’s plan” for their son to be killed by Zimmerman.
“I simply really don’t know what God George Zimmerman’s worshiping because there’s no way that the God that I serve had in his plans for George Zimmerman to murder my son,” Martin’s father, Tracy Martin, told Norah O’Donnell.
Pegasus News Content partner - North Dallas Gazette