Monday, July 23, 2012
ICE! exhibit at Gaylord Texan in Grapevine will feature “Merry Madagascar”
The exhibit opens November 9, 2012 and will have 2 million pounds of ice carved into figurines.
GRAPEVINE Despite triple digit temperatures outside, the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine was even cooler than usual Friday during a preview of their popular ICE! winter holiday attraction.
This year's exhibit will feature DreamWorks' Merry Madagascar with interactive ice sculptures and 20-foot-tall ice slides carved entirely from 2 million pounds of ice.
ICE! is hand carved by 40 artisans from Harbin China who will be arriving in North Texas early this fall.
The ICE! attraction runs from November 9, 2012 to January 1, 2013. Click here for more information.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- Review: Bread Haus German bakery in Grapevine delights in all things sweet
- Theater review: Always A Bridesmaid follows four life-long friends down the aisle in a raucous romantic comedy
- Mercedes from Glee to be at BlissDom conference in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre's The Full Monty unzips uproarious, in-your-face comedy
- Detectives: Death of two Carroll students who overdosed could have been avoided