Monday, July 23, 2012
ICE! exhibit at Gaylord Texan in Grapevine will feature “Merry Madagascar”
The exhibit opens November 9, 2012 and will have 2 million pounds of ice carved into figurines.
GRAPEVINE Despite triple digit temperatures outside, the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine was even cooler than usual Friday during a preview of their popular ICE! winter holiday attraction.
This year's exhibit will feature DreamWorks' Merry Madagascar with interactive ice sculptures and 20-foot-tall ice slides carved entirely from 2 million pounds of ice.
ICE! is hand carved by 40 artisans from Harbin China who will be arriving in North Texas early this fall.
The ICE! attraction runs from November 9, 2012 to January 1, 2013. Click here for more information.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- Theater review: Leading Ladies serves gold diggers, plot twists and consecutive laughs on a silver spoon
- Video: Slabs of ice rapidly slide off Great Wolf Lodge
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Celebrate Shark Week in real life, in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy