Tuesday, July 24, 2012 , Updated 12:00 p.m., July 26, 2012
Happy hour at Sambuca on Thursday raises money for Aurora, Colorado survivors
A 20-year-old victim will be in attendance.
DALLAS Megan Saunders and five of her friends were at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises when James Holmes allegedly came in through the exit door and killed 12 people at a Colorado movie theater. Saunders sat near the front of the theater, and it was her 20th birthday. Though she survived, three Texans didn't. Saunders will be in Dallas on Thursday, July 26 at Sambuca on McKinney Avenue for a fundraiser for her fellow Aurora, Colorado survivors.
The event is from 4-7 p.m. Thursday, and the suggested donation is $20. Sambuca is offering free appetizers, and drinks will be half-price until 7 p.m. According to Oh So Cynthia, 100% of the proceeds go to COVA, Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance, which provides physical and mental support to the survivors of the shooting.
If you can't attend but want to make a donation, click here.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre