Thursday, July 26, 2012
Whole Foods Market to open location in Highland Village
Coming in 2014.
Southern Denton County residents can finally check a coveted upscale grocer off their wish list.
Whole Foods Market officials announced Wednesday that they will open a store in The Shops at Highland Village in 2014.
The Austin-based organic food chain has plans to construct a 38,000 square foot store at the corner of FM 407 and FM 2499, which sits just inside Highland Village across the street from Flower Mound.
Two existing tenants at the mall will be relocated to make room for the store, according to a source familiar with the project.
News of the store has already brought interest from an unnamed complementary upscale business that is looking to locate in the Marketplace at Highland Village shopping center next door.
Whole Foods Market consistently shows up as one of the top two most wanted retailers on surveys sent to Flower Mound residents by the town's economic development department.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- Former CEO of SEGA opens new arcade-style restaurant Bar Fun Dining
- Soon, Highland Village can spend its whole paycheck at two-story Whole Foods store
- Flower Mound student will be memorialized with balloon release on January 5
- Marcus High School student dies from flu, staph infection
- Marcus High School marching band claims fourth state title