Friday, July 27, 2012
Cane Rosso opens pop-up restaurant at Swiss Pastry Shop in Fort Worth
All your favorites at a new location.
Cane Rosso ranks as one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas. Even though they set up their mobile pizza over at Times Ten Cellars every Thursday, I’ve longed for them to open their full restaurant in Fort Worth. So I’m more than a little excited that the Swiss Pastry Shop is hosting a “pop-up” version of Cane Rosso on the weekends.
The “pop-up” version of Il Cane Rosso happens Friday and Saturday from 5–10 p.m. Call ahead or check the Facebook pages of Cane Rosso or Swiss Pastry Shop to find out if any details change. But do not bother to call for reservation, they won’t be taking any. It is also BYOB and BYOG -- that’s bring your own glass.
With Cane Rosso’s mobile oven set up at The Swiss Pastry Shop, of course you’ll find their delicious pizzas on the menu as well as a few appetizers, including their focaccia. I’d love it if the appetizers included their salumi misti plate.
You will not be lacking in the dessert department as desserts from Cane Rosso and the Swiss Pastry Shop will be available. Now that’s a difficult decision -- do you go with the Bella Mela (pizza with caramelized apples, vanilla bean marscarpone, sea salt & caramel) or a slice of the near legendary Black Forest Cake? I’d get both!
Pegasus News Content partner - Eat This Fort Worth
See more stories in:
- Restaurant review: Food at Campisi's in Fort Worth tastes like the original
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Theater review: Technophiles must flock to Amphibian Stage Production's The Agony and the Ecstacy of Steve Jobs
- Theater review: Explore the irony of human nature in Picnic at Sanders Theatre