Monday, July 30, 2012 , Updated 12:00 p.m., August 13, 2012
Crow Collection of Asian Art closes temporarily in August
It reopens Saturday, August 25.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS The Crow Collection of Asian Art will close for two weeks between August 13 and 24 while crews make upgrades to the Downtown Dallas space. It reopens at 10 a.m. Saturday, August 25.
According to a press release, upgrades include:
- Increasing the UV film coverage on the museum’s windows
- Refinishing and polishing gallery floors and installing acoustical “clouds” to dampen sound in the lofty space of the Grand Gallery
The upgrades to the acoustics in the Grand Gallery will give the space a "near-perfect sound," said Crow Collection Executive Director Amy Hofland.
While the gallery is closed, the special exhibitions will also take a hiatus. They are: Qualities of Jade, on view until February 17, 2013; and Noble Change: Tantric Art of the High Himalaya, on view until January 5, 2014. On the Silk Road and the High Seas: Chinese Ceramics, Culture and Commerce opens September 1, 2012.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger