Monday, July 30, 2012 , Updated 12:00 p.m., September 14, 2012
Your pet could be famous in Deep Ellum
For a $250 donation, your dog could be permanently pictured in Deep Ellum's dog park.
DEEP ELLUM From a dog's perspective, going to the dog park is as good as it gets: He gets to play with old friends, sniff some new butts, and romp like he's not allowed to in your living room. Put his picture up in the park, and your dog wins some major street cred.
As a fundraiser for the dog park in Deep Ellum and Paws in the City, you can pay $250 to have your pup's portrait painted permanently on a column at Bark Park Central. A professional artist will do the work on a 1-foot by 1-foot space. It's like a yearbook for dogs.
They've got 60 spots available, and the paintings will be presented at Barkfest 2012 on September 15, 2012. Portraits can be made of your dogs both living and deceased.
Go here if you want to donate.
Shannon Sutlief contributed to this story.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy