Monday, July 30, 2012 , Updated 10:49 a.m., July 31, 2012
UPDATED: Texas Rangers fan gets joyride on giant wiener
The winner ate it in 3 minutes, 44 seconds.
In a most uncomfortable feat, the lucky winner will have consumed the Boomstick -- a $26, two-foot-long hot dog made for four people -- alone, faster than his or her five competitors. Last week, the contest winner choked it down in 4 minutes, 58 seconds.
The Boomstick and its zippy vehicle are named for Nelson Cruz' big home run hits. The huge hot dog has made national news.
Monday is the second Boomstick-eating contest. It was designed to be a standalone event, but enough people showed interest, so Rangers officials extended the contest to Monday and added the Boomstick Express, according to a spokesperson.
The contest is adjacent to the Batter's Eye Club by center field at 5:30 p.m. Monday. The Rangers/Angels game starts at 6:05 p.m.
A Rangers spokesperson did not have information on where the 18-foot-long Boomstick Express came from or if it'll resurface at future Rangers games. We can only hope.
UPDATED: The Rangers report that Houston resident Derrick Lockridge ate the Boomstick the fastest -- in 3 minutes 44 seconds. "World record time," they say.
- Texas SkyScreamer opens May 25 at Six Flags Over Texas
- Free music fest in Arlington features Polyphonic Spree, Sarah Jaffe Memorial Day weekend
- Photos: Cowboys Cheerleaders strut in final rounds of auditions
- Video: Look inside the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader tryouts
- Photos: See a chaps-wearing Pit Bull, a wiener dog dressed as a Boomstick