Friday, June 1, 2012
Photos: Geishas, cats, and Japanese game characters arrive in Dallas (May 31)
A-KON is here.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS The night before anime convention A-KON takes over the Sheraton Dallas Hotel, more than 100 people gathered to parade around downtown Dallas in costume. The parade was in honor of the yokai, Japanese folk creatures. To many, that meant dressing like a cat.
If you're going to A-KON this weekend, here's a glimpse of what you might see:
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair