Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Spec’s to open in old Blockbuster Video space at Preston Royal in Dallas
Tentatively slated to open within the month.
DALLAS Spec's has signed on to open its second store in Dallas at Preston Royal Village, in the old Blockbuster Video space.
A spokesperson for the shopping center said that they hoped to have the store open by the end of the month, but that they were waiting for confirmation on the date from Spec's.
"I can't give you a definitive date, but we are hoping it will be by the end of the month," she said.
"Unfortunately, I don't have a date yet, but we hope it's soon," said Spec's spokesperson Lisa Rydman-Key, in an email.
While the Tom Thumb in the same center sells beer and wine, this will be the first stand-alone liquor store to open in the intersection since Dallas loosened its alcohol laws in 2010.
Not coincidentally, this is also the same intersection where Central Market opened a smaller store with great fanfare in February.
The Blockbuster space is about 10,000 square feet, and will be taken up entirely by Spec's.
- Photos: $19.5 million manse features secret wine cellar and sprawling backyard, all in Dallas proper
- Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks parenting in Dallas
- Dallas real estate hits new high with $19.5M listing
- Firefighters locate body in debris after old Uncle Julio's caught fire
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Michael Jenkins sells luxury condo en route to Oakland