Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Reel FX buys its heaquarters building in Deep Ellum
Sticking around for a while.
DALLAS Deep Ellum-based Reel FX Inc. announced that it will buy its headquarters in Deep Ellum at 301 North Crowdus Street.
The company, which does animation and visual effects for feature films, commercials, and live-venue projects, acquired the 73,200-square-foot property on Crowdus behind Elm Street after renting it for seven years. They also have a facility in Santa Monica, Calif.
Dallas offered an incentive package to persuade Reel FX to stay in Dallas, one that was approved by the City Council's Economic Development Committee on Monday and has been recommended to the full Council for final approval on June 27.
Reel FX Chief Operating Officer Kyle Clark said that after being in Dallas for almost two decades, the company's goal was to remain there. Their space on Crowdus was previously home to Yahoo, and before they moved there, they were in the White Swan building on Lamar for about five years.
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas