Friday, June 15, 2012
Chihuly exhibit at Dallas Arboretum repaired already
Team worked on Friday to replace broken pieces.
The Arboretum issued a photo on its Facebook page of an employee at work from Displays Unlimited, wading into the Persian pond where six lily pad sculptures were cracked.
Arboretum spokeswoman Wendy Rentz said that the repairs went quickly.
"It took 20 minutes," she said. "Displays Unlimited helped the Chihuly team do the initial install back in April, and it just so happened that the team who worked on original install of that sculpture was available. They replaced them and evaluated all the others."
The pieces were completely replaced, Rentz said.
"We had additional pieces stored in the warehouse in Arlington," she said.
- Photos: Happy-go-lucky crowd danced polka to Brave Combo tunes at Arboretum
- Photos: Mot Hai Ba opened last week, serving eclectic Vietnamese fare
- "Wild women on a mission" open new Vietnamese restaurant Mot Hai Ba
- Australian Shepherd lost in Casa View Haven neighborhood in Dallas
- Travel Channel names the Dallas Arboretum one of America's top 12 botanical gardens