Thursday, March 1, 2012 , Updated 10:00 a.m., March 10, 2012
Photos: Dallas Blooms and new playhouse exhibition open at Dallas Arboretum
Saturday, March 3 is opening day.
DALLAS This weekend, the Dallas Arboretum will be officially open for bloomness.
Its yearly attraction, Dallas Blooms, which opens Saturday, features a new exhibition called the Small Houses of Great Artists. The five homes of the exhibit were built to resemble the "playhouses" of following artists: Georgia O’Keeffe, Vincent Van Gogh, Georges Seurat, Claude Monet, and Pablo Picasso. The homes were built and designed by Bob Hoebeke Builders, Mona Crider of LaFoofaraw, and other Dallas-based architects.
The Small Houses of Great Artists exhibit opens during Dallas Blooms on March 3 and will continue at the Arboretum until December 31,2012. Dallas Blooms is open March 3 through April 8 and features 500,000 blooming flowers.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters
- Theater review: Jailbait brings sex with a minor to the spotlight
- Video: Country singer Deryl Dodd burns old bridges in new video for "Loveletters"