Thursday, March 8, 2012
Public transportation available to 35 Denton this weekend
Just don't get stuck after the A-Train stops.
DENTON The music festival 35 Denton is Thursday through Sunday, and the Denton County Transportation Authority reminds people that their services are available all weekend except for Sunday.
According to DCTA, bus service ends at 8:30 p.m. on Friday night and at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Saturday night. The last southbound A-train departure to Carrollton from Denton is 11:38 p.m. on Friday and 11:15 p.m. on Saturday. There are no DCTA services on Sunday.
Be sure you don't get stuck without a ride on the A-Train, like we have experienced.
To get to 35 Denton, residents south of town can ride the A-Train. The Denton square is a short walk from the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC). Also, a DCTA Connect bus will stop at Locust and Hickory to provide access to the square.
The 27th Annual Texas Storytelling Festival is also taking place in Denton this weekend, Friday through Sunday. DCTA reports that you can get to it via the A-Train. At the DDTC, a transfer will connect to routes 4 and 5, which will stop at Bell & McKinney.
Plan your trip here.
Posted by Sarah; sourced by DCTA
See more stories in:
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton