Friday, March 30, 2012 , Updated 9:06 p.m., March 30, 2012
UPDATED: Downtown Carrollton DART station back open after man died in train incident
Initial reports say the man fell into the train as it was leaving the station.
CARROLLTON DART officials report that the Downtown Carrollton Station is closed after a male pedestrian died on the scene at about 5 p.m. Friday. Officials believe the man "fell into" the northbound Green Line train as it was leaving the station.
The Green Line between Royal Lane and the Farmers Branch stations was scheduled to close at 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday anyhow. DART reports that a shuttle is available between Farmers Branch and Trinity Mills stations and will stop at the Downtown Carrollton station for passengers who need a ride.
UPDATE: The station reopened at about 7:20 p.m., according to NBCDFW.
Posted by Sarah
- 1980s pop singer Tiffany, now a mom in her 40s, sings at Vista Ridge Mall
- Pop singer Tiffany will perform at Vista Ridge Mall's food court January 9
- More than you wanted to know about breastaurant reality show Big Tips Texas
- "Freedom Writer" Darrius Garrett will sign memoir in Lewisville
- Witness helped police arrest man accused of stealing drugs from Walgreens