Saturday, March 31, 2012
Academy Award winner Peter Lord honored at USA Film Festival event
Plus, there'll be a preview of his latest movie.
DALLAS The 2012 USA Film Festival will honor film producer Peter Lord in its Great Director Tribute. Lord has won Academy Awards, most notably for Best Animated Feature for Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
The USA Film Festival will host a preview screening of Lord's new film The Pirates! Band of Misfits on Thursday, April 12, 2012 at AMC NorthPark. The film stars Hugh Grant in his first animated role. It's rated PG and opens to the public April 27.
Of note, Peter Simek at D Magazine says that "Lord was already scheduled to appear in Dallas on April 12 to promote his new movie," and the film festival simply put their name on it. The April 12 date is also opening day for rival film festival the Dallas International Film Festival.
- AMC NorthPark 15
8687 North Central Expressway,
- Age limit: All ages
The USA Film Festival reports that Lord's film premiere will feature a Q-and-A session with Lord. Tickets for the program are free for USAFF members. A limited number of tickets are available for non-members who email USAFilmFest@aol.com.
“The works of Aardman Animations [Lord's company] are among the most magical and beloved contemporary film classics for audiences of all ages,” said Ann Alexander, managing director for the USA Film Festival.
Posted by Sarah
See more stories in:
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"