Tuesday, May 1, 2012 , Updated 1:52 p.m., June 19, 2012
UPDATED: Nicki Minaj raps in North Texas on July 29
2 Chainz joins her.
GRAND PRAIRIE Hip hop princess Nicki Minaj will come to Grand Prairie's Verizon Theatre on July 29. Minaj is signed to Lil Wayne's record label, Young Money Entertainment, and has seen massive success since the late 2000's, when she started doing rap solos on popular singles.
Her second album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, was released in April 2012 and debuted on the Billboard 200 list as #1 in the U.S., UK, Canada, and Japan. Her single, "Starships" is getting regular radio play.
After her first-ever international tour, Minaj takes her Pink Friday Tour to the U.S. and Canada, with a stop in Dallas in late July. Tickets for the Dallas show go on sale through livenation.com and ticketmaster.com on May 12.
UPDATE: Joining Minaj is rapper 2 Chainz, who recently made a guest appearance on Minaj's single “Beez in the Trap.”
See more stories in:
- Photos: In DFW show, Backstreet Boys take themselves way too seriously
- 11 ridiculous photos of the Backstreet Boys, just before their Dallas show
- So You Think You Can Dance tour waltzes through North Texas November 9
- Concert review: Monkees took crowds back to the glory days at Verizon
- Deck the halls with Donny & Marie this Christmas in North Texas