Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Ali Baba owners to open fast-casual Mediterranean called Grip
Opening in July, it'll serve pita wraps and salads.
DALLAS The owners of Ali Baba Mediterranean Grill and Terra Mediterranean Grill are introducing a new fast-casual concept called GRIP.
The first location is at 6030 Luther Lane, # 140 in Preston Center, in a new center/concept called The Corner at Preston Center, in the space where the 24-Hour Fitness used to be.
GRIP -- the press release has it in all caps, so that's how we're rolling with it here, for now -- will serve "pita wraps (the GRIP) and flavorful salads showcasing all of the traditional Mediterranean cuisine," says Adam Chanaa, co-owner with his brother Jalal, who is quoted as saying that the concept is "easy and convenient."
Easy and convenient, maybe, but that name. Can you honestly see yourself saying to your friend or co-worker, "Hey, let's go to Grip and get a grip." Isn't "wrap" catchy enough without giving it another nickname?
Grip is not the only restaurant going into the Corner at Preston Center: There's also going to be a Baker Bros. Deli, opening in July as well.
Shannon Sutlief contributed to this story.
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"