Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Affordable home of the week: 8829 Hackney Lane in Dallas
A corner lot with tons of room to play out front.
Every time we write about a well-priced midcentury modern, they seem to get snapped up before I can call my real estate agent. That’s good news for Kerry Paradise Slaughter, who is marketing this sweet Lake Highlands mid-mod at 8829 Hackney Lane.
And guys, this little house, all 1,619 square feet of it, is priced just right at $187,500. There are three bedrooms, two baths with the original Daltile, and a two-car garage (so rare!) on this little beauty. And check out the hardwoods and exposed brick! SWOON!
Yes, the kitchen needs some work, but look at it this way: It’s a completely blank slate. You can paint, put in granite, add a little panache with a cool backsplash, throw in some stainless appliances, and voila! It’s perfect.
If the huge windows are drawing you outside, there’s plenty of outdoor living space, including a covered patio. While there isn’t a pool, there’s plenty of room in the gigantic backyard to put one in. This is a corner lot, too, so count on having tons of room to play catch out front this summer. What’s not to love?
There’s one thing you won’t need to change, and that’s the amazing job Karen Eubank has done staging this home. The paint and decor are picture perfect. This is why she needs her own reality show, people!
Pegasus News Content partner - Candy's Dirt
See more stories in:
- Lakewood Brewing Co. serves up tequila barrel-aged beers this weekend
- Theater review: Come on into Echo Room, the temporary club in Bath House Cultural Center
- Theater review: Jailbait brings sex with a minor to the spotlight
- Review: White Rock Coffee infuses passion with every cup
- Theater review: You won't hate Hate Mail, the story of two people who meet online