Thursday, May 31, 2012
Photos: Cast of Dallas takes in Big D before TNT premiere
So how similar are the Winspear Opera House and Southfork Ranch?
DOWNTOWN DALLAS The cast of Dallas, the new/old southern soap opera that debuts on TNT in June, seemed inspired by a stop in Dallas. After all, their television show is modeled after life in Big D -- however far they stretch the truth.
A special event at the Winspear Opera House in downtown Dallas gave special invitees a look at the first episode of Dallas, which again features Larry Hagman as JR Ewing. Also returning are Linda Gray as Sue Ellen Ewing and Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing. The story centers around the wealthy Ewing family, though the spotlight shifts to younger characters John Ross Ewing III (JR and Sue Ellen's son, played by Josh Henderson) and Christopher Ewing (the adopted son of Pam and Bobby Ewing, played by Jesse Metcalfe).
Producer for the show Michael Robin mentioned that while in Dallas, he enjoys Cedars Social. Not much of a Dallas-themed place, if you ask us.
The show premieres on TNT at 8 p.m. June 13. Feast your eyes on the cast below:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger