Thursday, November 1, 2012
Historic Pecan Grove Cemetery expands nine acres
More than 1,000 burial spaces were added.
MCKINNEY Having a final resting place among historical Texas governors and gunslingers will soon be a little easier. Historic Pecan Grove Cemetery in McKinney is the final resting place for many historical people including governors, heroes from every war from the Texas Revolution, Mexican War, Civil War, and every war since and including heroes from flying aces to generals. Many of McKinney’s founding families and other historical figures are at rest in Pecan Grove.
The cemetery is developing nine additional acres within the cemetery, adding over 1,100 new burial spaces. A new survey and plat were recently completed and additional roads will be under construction soon. The first of the new grave sites are expected to be offered for sale around the first of next year.
Historic Pecan Grove Cemetery is located at the intersection of Highway 5 and Industrial Boulevard in McKinney.
Pegasus News Content partner - Town Square Buzz
- Q-and-A: Patina Green sous chef talks local ingredients and squash sandwiches
- McKinney police arrest alleged child predator
- Stroller stampede: McKinney moms find fitness and friendship
- Blue Goose's newest McKinney location resounding success
- McKinney sculptor installs new white buffalo piece downtown