Thursday, November 1, 2012
Several local musicians to ring in New Year at Lights All Night
Expect lasers by the hundreds.
FAIR PARK Just when you thought things couldn’t get any bigger or brighter in Dallas, the Lights All Night full lineup hit the wires.
The annual New Year’s celebration has morphed from a one-night concert into the nation's largest electronic dance party spanning December 29, December 30, and December 31, 2012. This year’s event will be held at Fair Park, a familiar place for the demographic that stormed the gates during Electric Daisy Carnival.
While the lineup boasts the usual suspects — Tiesto, Avicii, Bassnectar, Ghostland Observatory, Flux Pavilion, and all the other DJs you’ve seen a thousand times — several North Texas artists will take the stage to welcome in 2013. Among them are AFK, Blixaboy, Black Market Pharmacy, Jay Fresh, wiZard, Mikey Rodge, De La Vaughn, and Joe Vega, who are all from Dallas. DJ Exceed will also play; he's from Arlington.
Former Dallasite turned Rocky Mountain musician Supervision takes one of the main stages on December 30.
Grab your fishnets and glow sticks and get ready to pop bottles with all the locals come New Year’s Eve.
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday