Friday, November 2, 2012
Get new Red Hots biscuit from Hypnotic Donuts while they’re hot
The chef from The Grape has made a mouth-watering creation only available in November.
EAST DALLAS By 10 a.m. Friday, Hypnotic Donuts' new "biscuit of the month" was already gone. The East Dallas doughnut shop invites a new chef to make a special one-month-only creation, and November features Brian Luscher of The Grape and his Red Hot -- a pork/beef sausage blend wrapped in biscuit dough, with cheddar and spicy mustard. The biscuit is topped with a pickled serrano pepper.
3 things you want to know about this dog:
They make a few batches a day, 10 in each batch. They won't last until lunch, most likely.
They're available only November 1-30.
Are they awesome? "Yeah, they're damn good," said Hypnotic's James St. Peter. "I don't mind saying that when it's not my actual product. I've had a bite of one today, but I ate three yesterday. That's not going to be very good for my bottom line and my waistline if I keep eating them, I guess."
Hypnotic Donuts is known for making crazy sweet and savory treats, like their Canadian Healthcare: a glazed doughnut topped with maple frosting and real bacon.
See more stories in:
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Lakewood Brewing Co. serves up tequila barrel-aged beers this weekend
- Check out the Dallas Arboretum's spring flowers for just $5
- Theater review: Come on into Echo Room, the temporary club in Bath House Cultural Center
- "Underground House" in East Dallas reduced to $870,000