Sunday, November 4, 2012
Photos: Foam Fest 5K was soapy, messy fun in Mesquite
Teams of friends took on the obstacle course, many still wearing their Halloween best.
Who says Halloween is over? Participants in the Foam Fest 5K Run at Double D Ranch in Mesquite donned crazy costumes, like Wendy Minor, who ran in a floor-length bridal gown with zombie groom Jamey Finch.
To start the race, participants sprinted through a messy pile of foam before blasting through other obstacles to make it to the finish.
This is certainly not a typical running event.
See photos from the Saturday morning shenanigans:
- Mesquite welcomes Pat Green and Kevin Fowler for 7th Annual Real Texas Festival
- Chase through Balch Springs, Mesquite, and Garland ended in apparent suicide
- Restaurant review: Mesquite BBQ is as historic as its namesake town
- Mesquite Arena welcomes monster truck rally February 1 and 2
- The strange story about Denton's forgotten time capsule