Monday, November 5, 2012
Video: Small plane collided with SUV in Roanoke
You've got to see it to believe it.
Plane hits SUV in Roanoke
View more videos at: http://nbcdfw.com.
ROANOKE A woman who shot video of her husband landing a small plane at a Dallas-area airport captured the aircraft clipping an SUV driving near the runway.
The Department of Public Safety says both people in the SUV suffered non-life threatening injuries in the accident at Northwest Regional Airport. The pilot wasn't hurt in the crash landing at the airport near Roanoke.
The Federal Aviation Administration said Monday that the accident is under investigation.
The video shows William Davis trying to land the single-engine Cessna on Saturday when the plane's gear hits the top of the SUV. Pieces of the landing gear break off. The top of the SUV is damaged.
The airport is a privately owned public use facility. The word "stop" is painted on the roadway near the runway.
- Female Calico cat lost at Roanoke apartment complex
- Is Cowboy Chow's transformation in Roanoke into a taco joint too late?
- New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton may be moving out of Westlake home
- Glenn Beck confirms move to Westlake, with eye on building home
- Hawaiian Falls in Roanoke will have "world's largest aqua play structure"