Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Get freebies in DFW with your “I Voted” sticker
Didn't get one from your polling place? Us either.
A handful of the nation's top eateries and stores are offering customers incentive for performing their basic civic duty. Check out some of the best.
(Note: Most are at participating locations, so we recommend you call ahead to your local store.)
1. Starbucks: While the coffee chain may not be running the same "free coffee" promotion as they did in 2008, Starbucks is still giving away free "indivisible" bracelets to any patron who asks.
2. Urban Outfitters: Hipsters, rejoice! Any Urban Outfitters customer caught sporting an "I Voted" sticker will receive 20% off his or her purchase.
3. Taco Bueno: Hoping to "Guac the Vote," Taco Buenos across the nation are offering free guacamole and chips for any patrons who say they have voted.
4. On The Border: Election day have you in the mood for some Tex-Mex? On the Border is offering free sopapillas on November 6 if you like the restaurant's Facebook page and print off a special coupon.
5. Red, Hot & Blue: Fans of the BBQ chain will receive a $5 meal if they wear their "I Voted" sticker during lunch.
6. Einstein Bros. Bagels: Customers with an "I Voted" sticker will receive a free bagel and, of course, schmear.
7. Krispy Kreme: Select locations of the popular donut chain are giving away free star-shaped donuts for their voting customer. Fried dough in exchange for a civic duty? Count us in.
Posted by Sarah