Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Mavericks’ Shawn Marion out for at least three games with hurt knee
He won't take the two-game trip to New York and Charlotte.
DALLAS Mavericks forward Shawn Marion will miss at least three games with a sprained left knee ligament.
The team said Tuesday the four-time All-Star was a scratch for Wednesday night's home game against Toronto and won't make a two-game trip to New York and Charlotte.
The 34-year-old Marion will be re-evaluated next week. He sprained his left medial collateral ligament in the third quarter of the Mavericks' 114-91 win over Portland on Monday night.
Marion is averaging 8.0 points and 9.0 rebounds through four games this season. He played at least 75 games in nine of his first 12 seasons and has career averages of 16.4 points and 9.2 rebounds.
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre