Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Mavericks’ Shawn Marion out for at least three games with hurt knee
He won't take the two-game trip to New York and Charlotte.
DALLAS Mavericks forward Shawn Marion will miss at least three games with a sprained left knee ligament.
The team said Tuesday the four-time All-Star was a scratch for Wednesday night's home game against Toronto and won't make a two-game trip to New York and Charlotte.
The 34-year-old Marion will be re-evaluated next week. He sprained his left medial collateral ligament in the third quarter of the Mavericks' 114-91 win over Portland on Monday night.
Marion is averaging 8.0 points and 9.0 rebounds through four games this season. He played at least 75 games in nine of his first 12 seasons and has career averages of 16.4 points and 9.2 rebounds.
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July