Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Olympic gymnast Carly Patterson ties the knot in true Southern fashion
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler ... let the good times roll!
Patterson, 24, married 27-year-old Mark Caldwell in front of 250 of her closest family and friends this weekend at the Main Street Garden Park downtown.
The couple hosted their reception at the Room on Main in downtown Dallas. The menu featured panko crusted fried macaroni & cheese balls with white truffle sauce, chicken and waffles with a bourbon maple sauce, crab meat and cream cheese wontons, a taco station, prime rib carving station, and a pasta station.
Patterson celebrated her Louisiana roots in the form of her wedding favors. Each guest received a koozie to take home. Some read "A love brewed down South," others "Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler" (a Cajun saying for “let the good times roll.”)
As reported in our True Romance column, Patterson met Caldwell, a Plano Senior High and Texas A&M graduate, at a mutual friend’s wedding in 2009. Patterson claims that Mark’s height and good looks intimated her when they first met. The two shared their first date in Wisconsin when Patterson sang the national anthem for a Packers vs. Cowboys game.
The rest is history.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy