Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Marcus High School marching band claims fourth state title
The team previously won in 2006, 2008, and 2010.
FLOWER MOUND The Marcus High School band won its record fourth straight state championship Tuesday at the UIL Class 5A State Marching Band Contest.
Marcus performed "Gilded Melodies," which features pieces by Johann Sebastian Bach from the 1700s.
The band reached the final 10 Tuesday after its morning performance.
The other bands that reached the finals are Hebron, Coppell, Richardson Berkner, Hurst L.D. Bell, and Austin Bowie, as well as Claudia Taylor Johnson, The Woodlands, Ronald Regan, and Austin Westlake.
Marcus qualified for the event by taking first place in the area finals, in which the top five advance. Marcus also placed first in the area preliminaries.
Marcus won the state title in 2006, 2008, and 2010. It qualified for state in 2004.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- What you need to know about gun law changes in Texas
- Highland Village Balloon Festival adds new attractions and events in 26th year
- Flower Mound will hold open forum for town council and school board candidates on April 20
- Lewisville will hand out free anti-larval "dunks" to ward off West Nile Virus on April 4 and 5
- Men against domestic violence rally draws low numbers