Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Marcus High School marching band claims fourth state title
The team previously won in 2006, 2008, and 2010.
FLOWER MOUND The Marcus High School band won its record fourth straight state championship Tuesday at the UIL Class 5A State Marching Band Contest.
Marcus performed "Gilded Melodies," which features pieces by Johann Sebastian Bach from the 1700s.
The band reached the final 10 Tuesday after its morning performance.
The other bands that reached the finals are Hebron, Coppell, Richardson Berkner, Hurst L.D. Bell, and Austin Bowie, as well as Claudia Taylor Johnson, The Woodlands, Ronald Regan, and Austin Westlake.
Marcus qualified for the event by taking first place in the area finals, in which the top five advance. Marcus also placed first in the area preliminaries.
Marcus won the state title in 2006, 2008, and 2010. It qualified for state in 2004.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Restaurant review: Seven Mile Cafe's numerous pancake options will blow you away
- Flower Mound boy admitted to sending bomb threat
- Dogs rescued from burning Flower Mound house
- Flower Mound Public Library's new app lets residents remotely search for titles
- Lewisville police investigate woman's death as murder