Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Robber who gave name and Social Security number to bank teller sent to jail
Note here: If you're trying to rob a bank, don't tell them who you are.
WAXAHACHIE A Dallas man has been sentenced to three years in prison for robbing a bank after failing to withdraw cash from his account.
A federal judge in Dallas on Tuesday sentenced 19-year-old Jacory Stephon Walker. Walker earlier pleaded guilty to a January bank robbery in Waxahachie.
Investigators say Walker tried to make a withdrawal from a teller but didn't have his account information. Walker gave his name and Social Security number. The teller then advised Walker that he owed money on his account.
Walker left, then returned minutes later saying he wanted to deposit $20. The teller was doing a deposit slip when Walker presented a note, said he had a gun and demanded money.
Walker fled with an undisclosed amount of cash but was caught by Waxahachie police.
- Tune in Friday night to see Waxahachie haunt on The Dead Files
- Photos: Wenches, llamas, and more scenes of Scarborough Renaissance Festival
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival returns with mermaids, monarchs, and medieval mayhem
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival opens Saturday in Waxahachie
- 50 people get to see Sarah Jaffe and Will Johnson do solo shows in Waxahachie