Friday, November 9, 2012
Photos: Kids will love ice exhibit Merry Madagascar this Christmas
The exhibit at the Gaylord Texan features a 20-foot-tall ice slide. Great for an afternoon with the family.
GRAPEVINE In an amazing bit of artistry, 40 artisans at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine have taken 2 million pounds of ice and carved it into a serene nativity scene and colorful characters from Madagascar. With the theme Merry Madagascar, the ICE! exhibit at the hotel features Alex the Lion and his friends, who save Christmas when Santa crashes his sleigh.
If you go, wear a coat. The exhibit is kept at a brisk 9 degrees.
Below is a sneak peek of the photos. To get information on ticket prices and dates this holiday, click here.
Photos by Ron Baselice
- Theater review: The spirit of NOLA flows through the characters of A Streetcar Named Desire
- Review: Bread Haus German bakery in Grapevine delights in all things sweet
- Theater review: Always A Bridesmaid follows four life-long friends down the aisle in a raucous romantic comedy
- Mercedes from Glee to be at BlissDom conference in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre's The Full Monty unzips uproarious, in-your-face comedy