Friday, November 9, 2012
Photos: Kids will love ice exhibit Merry Madagascar this Christmas
The exhibit at the Gaylord Texan features a 20-foot-tall ice slide. Great for an afternoon with the family.
GRAPEVINE In an amazing bit of artistry, 40 artisans at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine have taken 2 million pounds of ice and carved it into a serene nativity scene and colorful characters from Madagascar. With the theme Merry Madagascar, the ICE! exhibit at the hotel features Alex the Lion and his friends, who save Christmas when Santa crashes his sleigh.
If you go, wear a coat. The exhibit is kept at a brisk 9 degrees.
Below is a sneak peek of the photos. To get information on ticket prices and dates this holiday, click here.
Photos by Ron Baselice
- Theater review: Leading Ladies serves gold diggers, plot twists and consecutive laughs on a silver spoon
- Video: Slabs of ice rapidly slide off Great Wolf Lodge
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Celebrate Shark Week in real life, in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy