Monday, November 12, 2012
Mavs dancers’ skimpy uniforms draw international attention
We don't get all the hubbub.
DALLAS The Dallas Mavericks dance team has new set of uniforms this year, and — surprise! — they do not leave much to the imagination.
What is surprising, to me at least, is that the skimpiness of these outfits is drawing a lot of attention. They’ve been talked about on Yahoo!, the Huffington Post, and other U.S. sites. On what must have been a spectacularly slow news day in Los Angeles, the dancers’ new get-ups made a local news broadcast. (Video below). They’ve even made headlines across the pond. A writer for London’s Daily Mail, Louise Boyle, wonders if the new outfits “could raise some eyebrows.”
Dallas Mavericks dancers are in it for the play, not the pay
PHOTOS: Meet the 2012-2013 Mavericks dancers
To which I say: Well, duh. That’s pretty much the whole point, right? I mean, yes, of course, they are very skimpy. But aren’t they all? Do you really see a lot of difference between this and this? I do not. Let’s all just calm down.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger