Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Strange: Ryan Seacrest has a studio at Children’s Medical Center
The studio will help kid patients explore radio, "letting patients unable to leave their rooms take part in the fun.” OK, that's sweet.
There was some celebrity buzz in town today, as Grand Prairie native Selena Gomez joined Ryan Seacrest at Children’s Medical Center for a ribbon-cutting on the Ryan Seacrest Foundation’s new multimedia broadcast center at the hospital.
According to a press release sent out last month, the new Seacrest Studios broadcast center at Children’s is part of an effort Seacrest’s foundation developed “to help patients explore the creative realms of radio, television and new media. The facility will broadcast entertainment programming throughout the hospital, letting patients unable to leave their rooms take part in the fun.”
Gomez is an ambassador for the Ryan Seacrest Foundation. “I’m particularly thrilled to help Ryan open a broadcast center in my hometown of Dallas at Children’s Medical Center, as giving back to the kids here is so important to me,” Gomez said in the release.
See more stories in:
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Miley Cyrus' over-sexed persona is hurting concert ticket sales