Thursday, November 15, 2012
Go nuts for free Nutella this weekend in Dallas
Yummy, yes. Healthy, no.
The truck rolls through Dallas this week and weekend, giving away free samples. You may have heard of Ferrero, the makers of Nutella, who were slapped with a $3 million lawsuit for falsely claiming that Nutella was a healthy breakfast option. Two tablespoons will set you back 200 calories and contain 21 grams of sugar. You heard it here
first second: Nutella is not a healthy breakfast snack.
Delicious? Absolutely. Good for you? No.
Now that we have that out of the way, here's how to get your skinny minnie to the truck to load up on some sugars:
- Friday, November 16: SMU (exact location TBD), 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Saturday, November 17: 3699 McKinney Ave. (West Village), 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday, November 18: Klyde Warren Park (Olive St & Woodall Rodgers Fwy), 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Monday, November 19: 1627 Pacific Ave. (Thanksgiving Square), 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
In the interest of your future case of Type 2 Diabetes, we should also mention that fans can enter for a chance to win a "visit from the Nutella Truck filled with free Nutella," the press release says. Yes, that's 5,000 jars of free Nutella for the gluttonous people of one city. To enter, tell your favorite way to have Nutella for breakfast on Twitter. Give it the hashtag #NutellaDallas.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger