Friday, November 16, 2012
Hutchins BBQ in McKinney finally reopens after June fire
The restaurant owners originally thought they'd only be closed a few weeks.
"It's go time! Hutchins BBQ will officially open today at 11 a.m.," the restaurant Facebook site proclaimed on Thursday. "And we couldn't be happier as a company to finally be serving great Texas BBQ once again to our loyal customers. So, help us spread the word and then come down to Hutchins BBQ and get your BBQ fix today!"
The fire, in the dark of the wee hours of morning, was put out in approximately 15 minutes, but crews were there extinguishing hot spots and doing overhaul for approximately 1.5 hours. It was a one-alarm response, which included three engines, one truck, an ambulance, and battalion chief.
At the time, the restaurant had hoped to only be closed a few weeks.
Pegasus News Content partner - Town Square Buzz
- Q-and-A: Patina Green sous chef talks local ingredients and squash sandwiches
- Mellow Mushroom is bringing its hippie vibe to downtown McKinney
- Collin County Shelter is full and needs your help rescuing dogs
- McKinney police arrest alleged child predator
- McKinney's Old Red Lumber Yard doubles as antique haven once a month