Sunday, November 18, 2012
Photos: Deep Ellum Brewing Co. debuts Pollenator at first birthday party
The brewery easily reached capacity during the fun afternoon event.
DEEP ELLUM It's already been a year since Deep Ellum Brewing Co. opened its doors, and what a year it's been. About 10 breweries in DFW have sprung up recently, providing craft beer drinkers a bevy of brews without having to travel far.
Deep Ellum Brewing Co., since its inception, has created more than a half-dozen beers, opened a bottling service, and started selling beer in dozens of bars and package stores in North Texas. At its anniversary party on Saturday, the brewery easily reached capacity.
The party featured tastes of their special birthday beer, Pollenator, an oak-aged honey doppelbock with a steep alcohol content of 9.5%. (See an explanatory video of the beer here.)
Here are some highlights from the fun afternoon event:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day